COVID-19 Health and Safety protocols
Updated January 24, 2022
Please note that our protocols and procedures may change based on updates to guidance from the Local Health department, Child-care licensing, Texas Health and Human Services and CDC.
We will conduct daily temperature checks for children before entering the school.
Parents should screen their child daily for the following:
- Fever (100.4) or chills
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for children with chronic allergies/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Fatigue, Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Exposure to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19
If your child meets any of the criteria above, he/she must stay home from school and you must contact the Director of the school.
Our Faculty and Staff will also conduct a self-screening prior to coming to campus.
We will require masks for all adults and for all children ages 3 and older inside our facility.
The school will encourage good and proper hygiene practices and frequent hand washing throughout the day. Our teachers will review these practices with our children.
CLEANING & DISINEFECTION
We are following CDC guidance for our enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures for classrooms, restrooms, offices, and other common spaces. We are using EPA registered and CDC recommended products.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & COHORTING
We will encourage appropriate distancing throughout the day and keeping the same group of children and assigned teachers during the day; limiting their contact with other children in the areas of the school as recommended by the CDC.
COVID-19 vaccination will be voluntary and highly encouraged for all Faculty/staff and eligible students. We follow immunization requirements as determined by the Texas Department of State Health Services and Child-care licensing. We have only two staff out of 26 that will not have both shots. We respect their personal circumstances.
Visitors will be allowed on campus during school operating hours but limited to:
- Outside contractors (e.g Ballet & Martial Arts teachers, Soccer Shots, School photographers)
- Parents attending school events and parents who have scheduled appointments with a faculty/staff member
- Parents are admitted to the Lobby for arrival and pick up out of scheduled hours
- Visitors for tours are limited to one at a time as scheduled
- Classroom visits for new student applicants
Visitors must follow our masks requirements and will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE GUIDELINES
Children will be isolated if they are sick or show any signs of COVID symptoms while at school. The designated isolation rooms will be in our conference room or in one of our administrative offices. Any location where a sick child has been ill will be thoroughly disinfected.
A parent will be called for the child to go home and consult with a healthcare provider for evaluation.
If COVID-19 is confirmed, our Licensing director will contact the local health authority and Child Care Licensing.
We will close off areas used by the person who is sick, open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the areas, wait up to 24 hours to disinfect, and then clean and disinfect all areas.
We will inform all staff, parents of close contacts of possible exposure. They will be advised to keep their children home and to consult with the child’s healthcare provider for evaluation and possible COVID-19 test.
Children and Faculty/Staff with confirmed COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status may return to school once the following criteria are met:
- Completed 10 full days of isolation or 5 full days of isolation and must wear a well-fitted mask around others for the next 5 days. (Day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive test for asymptomatic persons).
- Fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication and overall symptoms have improved.
- If severely ill with COVID-19, consult your health care provider before ending isolation, and provide a return to school note.
Children and Faculty/Staff who were exposed to a person with confirmed COVID-19 may return to school once the following criteria are met:
- Completed 10 full days of quarantine from the last day of exposure (date of last close contact is day 0) or completed 5 full days of quarantine with a negative test result (PCR test recommended). The test must occur on day 5 or later.
- If you develop symptoms, isolate immediately and follow return to school criteria if tested positive.
Per CDC guidance, you do not need to quarantine if you are in one of the following groups:
- If you are up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations and show no symptoms. Please refer to this guide from the CDC.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19 and had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (you tested using a viral test) and show no symptoms.